Subscribe to RSS feeds

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Glory of Blogging

As I'm sure will come as no surprise to those who note the time on this entry, I've been up late...reading blogs. Something that has come to be a favored past time for me. I just love the way a good blog can latch onto you, and how you suddenly care for this person you've never met. But the mere fact that they are a real person, that they live and breathe and laugh and cry, just like you do, creates something beautiful. I spend hours following a new blog, and I simply love living through all the experiences with these, my fellow bloggers.

I also believe that it is an incredibly healthy outlet for those of us who need to express this part of our personalities but have very limited opportunities to do so. As a BYU student, anonymity is paramount, and blogging gives me the opportunity to tell my story, express my opinions, and make my voice heard, while keeping my identity safe.

I've read in several blogs in the past few weeks that blogging has helped others to eradicate destructive behaviors that would normally follow a bad day. And I would have to agree with that. I find that even on a bad day, when nothing seems to matter, if I can get myself into the blog world I can get whatever is eating me out of my system and onto the computer screen. And it refreshes me.

But I think what I like most of all is the opportunity blogging gives us to bypass all of the formalities that would accompany any other relationship and see to the very heart of another person. Whatever our station in life, blogging opens us up and lets others see the most majestic part of us. It's frightening, of course, knowing that your deepest and most personal thoughts are being projected for others to read. But the daring honesty is part of the glory of it all. It makes us real. It makes us human. And it makes us one.

Because no matter what you believe or how you live your life, blogging gives you the chance to see the beauty that resides in every human being. And seeing that beauty in others brings it out in yourself. And we become just a little bit better, simply for having connected to another human soul.

So for me, blogging is one way that I see through eyes of glory.

1 comments:

Elliot said...

And this is exactly why I'm reading your blog! (and now I can follow it! haha)

Great post!

Post a Comment