Subscribe to RSS feeds

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Retrospection: Alex


So, I haven't written in forever. I've had this next entry written for months, just never posted it. A lot has happened in the last few weeks, but all things considered, this is a sweet memory, so I will post it. Enjoy!


I cleaned up as much as I could when I got to Provo. Then I went to pick him up. I remember seeing him standing on the side of the road as I drove up to his apartment. My heart was beating in my throat and my breath was shallow and erratic.

He got in the car and I got my first look of him in real life. He was cute. Cuter than his pictures. He was wearing a simple black jacket with his blue jeans, and his hair was up in a faux hawk. His bright green eyes were striking. Immediately I was attracted to him. He was gorgeous.

I was so nervous. He later told me that I talked a lot that first night. I’m sure I did! We got some dinner from In n Out, and then went to my place to watch some movies. We watched Glee and he showed me Lady Gaga music videos. (He couldn’t have known what monster he was creating when he did that!)
           
He told me pretty early on that he didn’t like to make the first move on dates. That was clear later as we were watching Glee. We sat next to each other on the bed, his hand laying palm up on his knee. I think I watched that hand for fifteen minutes before I finally gathered the courage to take it with mine.

“Finally!” he laughed. I laughed, relieved that he had wanted me to take it. We settled in and cuddled for the rest of the show. The feeling of being held by a gorgeous guy was incredible. It was like breathing for the first time. My entire body was alive.

Later, after the movie, we were talking and cuddling, and I eyed his lips. I remembered what he’d said about making the first move, and so I made mine. I leaned over and pressed mine to his.

Words fail me. So I’m not even going to try. Suffice it to say that the rest of that night was complete bliss. I was in the arms of someone I liked, and he liked me. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment